Host a PAC for a Day festival
Becoming a PAC for a Day Site Director and hosting a festival can be an effective fundraiser for you, your school and your music program.
To be considered for a Site Director position, you must be able to provide AT MINIMUM:
- A school or performance venue within 30 minutes of the amusement park.
- An auditorium (preferred) or multi-function room with the capacity to accommodate a large orchestra (up to 100 pieces).
- Access to the facility on the day of the festival from approximately 7:30 am to 1:00 pm, depending on the number of groups registered.
- An adequate number of chairs and music stands in performance area.
- Separate warm-up room with chairs.
- Sufficient parking for motorcoaches/school busses at performance site.
- Basic concert percussion equipment (timpani, xylophone, bass drum and chimes).
- Acoustic piano (tuned).
- Choral risers or tiered stage for choral groups.
- Easy access to electrical outlets in performance area.
- Securing a suitable performance site for the scheduled festival dates.
- Locating and hiring adjudicators with strong backgrounds in music education.
- Creating the performance schedule for your festival.
- Communicating with Directors from schools registered (performing schedules, directions to your performance site, available equipment at your site, etc.).
- Securing sufficient adult and student staff to assist on the day of the festival.
- Executing a professional, well-run festival that you would be proud to take your own students to.
If you would like more information on becoming a PAC for a Day Site Director, contact Dave Mazzarisi at (800) 872-3378, or via email at Dave@usafest.org.